Monday, October 27, 2008

The fastest year of my life

Over the last few days, on more than one occasion, I found my mind drifting off to “a year ago today…” The contractions that woke me up one night and then faded away within a couple of hours. The movie screening we went to on October 25. The heart-shaped banana-bread ‘birthday cake’ I made for Husband in the morning. Getting my hair cut and my toes painted a year ago yesterday.

And a year ago today, just a few minutes ago, meeting my Baby for the first time.

He is my perfect baby. My miracle baby. I love him something fierce. And if I dared to ask for anything more from the universe, I would only ask that the time would not go so fast.

Happy birthday, my sweet Baby.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

so wonderful and perfect and beautiful!!! how do we keep it just like this forever?

happy birthday baby, and happy belated to momma too!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby!

What a handsome boy with a gorgeous smile! It's no wonder you adore him so.

Thank you so much Kate, for sharing your little man with us!

Rachel said...

I was so shocked to see pictures, I thought I was on the wrong blog. Thanks for posting them, Baby is adorable! I am glad you had such a special day.

Lindsey said...

Oh! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures! Your Baby is so handsome. His eyes are so happy. I love them all, especially the pumpkin/sock barter pic. :)
Happy Birthday to Baby!
How does it go so fast?