Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Due Date

Dear baby not to be,

Today would have been your due date. 7-11. The OB at my first appointment joked that with this due date, I should get a free slurpy. It wasn’t funny then, and it isn’t now.

They were right, time does dull the pain. But I still think of you every day. I am still sad that I never got to meet you. I am still heartbroken that my body failed you. Other than a digital picture of the positive pregnancy test, there is no proof that you ever existed. And yet I miss you so much.

I wish I had you in my arms today. Instead, I wipe my tears and stare at the little angel figurine holding a child. I hope the angel is taking good care of you, my baby. I miss you.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh kate, i'm so sorry. i wish i had something useful to say but of course know it wouldn't help anyway. just thinking of you.

JW said...

Time does dull the pain, but I've found it never goes away. That baby will always be close you you. Hope you're doing okay otherwise x